Thursday, November 11, 2004

fate

Isn’t it funny how certain people read too much into body language or words or even simple text messages? Isn’t it equally as hilarious when we assume that a simple ‘hi’ could be translated to something deep as ‘I like you’? I’ve noticed that we read too much into little everyday notions. I really don’t wanna name names but if you find yourself in the same situation, please do remember that asking you out on a date ISN’T TANTAMOUNT to asking your hand in marriage so please…if anyone asks you out and you happen to like that person, then say yes, go out and have fun. It’s as simple as that.

Then there’s this self-righteous girl preaching that we girls shouldn’t think that it’s important to have a boyfriend because we can live on our own. Okay, missy, we can live on our own but don’t you think that you’re being a little hypocrite? You’re only sixteen and you’ve had 2 ‘boytoys’ and I’m 18 but I’ve never been close to having a boyfriend before. The way I see it, you just crashed and burned too many times that a mental picture of all male species on this planet has been permanently etched in your mind. Fine, kudos to your new Miss Independent image because we all wish to be independent someday but come on lady, you’re already committing a logical fallacy here by making hasty generalizations. So there!

Today has been one of the weirdest days I have ever encountered. Let me enumerate why:

1. Only once in a blue moon does my mom go shopping and – gasp – she went shopping with me. She even bought me tons of new stuff (mom! Is that really you!?!?) Heck, she’s been with me all day. From bringing my dad to the airport to her daily errands to lunch at KFC and shopping. Not only that but when we finally reached the airport, my dad realized that he left his passport at home which was a good 30 minutes drive from the airport and it was 9:25 am and his flight was at 10:10 mind you. Trust me, if a car could just fly, I swear, we would have flown.. we actually got there in record time. Guinness Book of Records, here we come!

2. Free shirts are a gift from heaven.. Right? Right! So why is it that I turned down an offer to get one from my mom? I mean, we were out shopping right, and then there was this perfect shirt lying right there in front of me. Think: Black striped shirt in just the perfect size and fit for my body type. Truly perfect. But NOOOO, i just had to politely decline the offer. What the…??!!?

3. My sister (who is only 13, mind you) added yet another guy to her list which I fondly call the “boyfriend collection”. And mind you, she’s been eyeing this guy for months. Please be reminded, though, that this guy is the best friend of her ex-boyfriend.. huh?!?!!

4. My mom lovingly reminded me that maybe it’s just not my time yet and that maybe, I should wait a little longer. If someone should be reminded to wait, it should be my sister, don’t ya think!? Heck, I’m 18 and I’ve been eternally single and she’s had, well just 2 boytoys (to the best of my knowledge, I remember its 2.. or is it?) and she’s what.. 13?!?! I rest my case.

One thing I really am going to complain about is that: why is everybody in a serious relationship or getting married??? Maybe it’s just me. Or worse, maybe I’m just getting old. I’m guessing everyone’s going to go through this, right? Yeah, every one.. Oh wait, except me of course. Welcome to the world of the Eternally Single.

Another question: why are all the cute guys taken? Even worst, why are they queer or are priests? What is the world coming to today?!?!

Okay, I’m the biggest liar ever. I go on saying that I’m over him but the truth is, I’m just pretending that I am. So, I guess the joke’s on me again. But soon enough, the tables will turn, I will have him in the palm of my hands and I will make him go ‘round and ‘round in circles…bwahahahaha!!!

No comments:

darkness

there is no single point of trauma that I can think of to explain how or why i react the way that i do. we were never poor, i was never mole...