Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The One Where I'm the Odd One Out.

Ralph Waldo Emerson once wrote, "To be nobody but yourself in a world that is constantly trying to change who you are - that is the greatest accomplishment."

I have always tried to stick to my guns, always making sure that everything I do resonates with who I am. In a way, integrate everything so that I am living out what I think, what I believe, who I am and who I want to be.

Oddly enough, with you, I feel like a fish out of water. All. the. time. I don't know how that makes me feel, because most of the time, I am just uncomfortable and I am kicking myself under the table. I'll admit, there are times when I overlook this or simply ignore it, because I want to be with you. I'm just not sure if that will be enough, given that sometimes, what you want out of life is not what I want.

I want to feel, and think, and meditate, and reflect. You just want to keep going. I want to stop and smell the roses, you barely even notice them. And what's worse is that, I don't even feel like you want to just spend time with me. Literally waste time sitting and doing nothing. You always want to be doing. And I don't know how I feel about that.

No comments:

darkness

there is no single point of trauma that I can think of to explain how or why i react the way that i do. we were never poor, i was never mole...