Friday, August 29, 2014

more than just a dream.

You were definitely more than just a dream. You are most entirely a beautiful nightmare. I cannot believe that I met you and out of the blue, you brought me somewhere that I cannot truly explain. Fitz and The Tantrums have got you down in a song - you are more than just a dream. 

You were a mist that surrounded me. At first, I tried to look for you and catch you in my hand. But when I let go and let things be, that was when you came back and enveloped me. Indeed, when I decided to let it be, you came back, more intense than ever. And just as quickly as you came, so did you vanish. 

I still can't believe it happened. It was amazing. It was everything I imagined and more. I try to retrace my steps that night, just to get a glimpse of you. I try to push the thoughts away, but the warmth of your hands keep pulling me back to that moment. It was everything I ever wanted, but it was a single, solitary moment. 

They say that we wane too quickly. That we don't immerse ourselves in the moments and we let it pass us by. We don't look back and try to examine the moment. But trust me, you are one thing I will keep examining over and over again. And I will do so until I have worn the memory out like an old record, or until I forget. Until then, I will see you again in my dreams, my midnight kiss. 

No comments:

darkness

there is no single point of trauma that I can think of to explain how or why i react the way that i do. we were never poor, i was never mole...